I've been researching a few ways to lower stress levels. Let's be honest, almost everyone suffers from stress at one point or another. Stress is actually a good thing. According to Elizabeth Svoboda, at nbcnews.com, the stress hormone helps regulate blood pressure and the immune system during a sudden crisis, whether a physical attack or an emotional setback. Clearly, this is important to our body. When the stress hormone doesn't know when to stop producing, it can become a problem.
What can we do to stop the madness??
1. Rest. Sleeping is so underrated. Good things happen for your mind, body and skin while you're asleep. If you don't get enough hours at night, try taking two 15 minute naps throughout the day.
2. Drink black tea. It's supposed to have a calming effect on your body.
3. Hang out with people who make you happy. Being around people who make you laugh is priceless. Read this article on how laughter produces endorphins (feel good chemicals).
4. Get spiritual. According to livestrong.com, meditation is a proven stress and anxiety reliever. I'm signing up for free meditation classes in Greenwich village very soon.
5. Keep healthy habits. Eating balanced meals, exercising and setting time aside for your hobbies are all good habits to upkeep. All work and no play is not a recipe for success.
I'm going to try to take my own advice. I wish you all a happy week!
What are some ways you alleviate stress?