Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Self Reflection

Self love is vital to living a fulfilling, wonderful life. Whenever I need a pick me up, I go to Gala's blog for inspiration.  "I believe in searching for the magic in every day. Once you've trained your eye, you can’t help but delight in seeing the small & extraordinary things that surround us."  In her blog, Gala advocates for self love with a rarely unique voice.

Now that we're in the holiday season it is very easy to forget about taking care of yourself. Sometimes, you have to pick up your feet, power off your phone and think of the things you are most grateful for.
I'm going to start off by making a list of things that make me smile. I won't commit to doing this every week because that probably won't happen.

small bullet star purple  Drinking a cup of coffee, when I am in no rush, let's me plan for the future. Not 5 years into the future but what I'm cooking for dinner or my plans for the weekend. I do a lot more planning and a lot less doing which is pretty frustrating. It's a habit I'm trying to dispel.

small bullet star purple  Reading a new magazine floods my brain with outfit ideas and blog post discussions. Again, I plan but don't execute. I guess it's a work in progress.

small bullet star purple  Even when things get overwhelming, I know C is there for me with a listening ear and words of encouragement.

small bullet star purple  Nature. Trees, especially during Autumn, make me feel a sense of calm and wonder.

small bullet star purple  My curiosity constantly challenges my surroundings and makes me want to see what else the world has to offer. In return, how I can contribute to make this life better for myself as well as others.

small bullet star purple  Opportunities. I've been fortunate to have opportunities presented to me.  It's always been a matter of deciding what's right for myself.


I challenge you to create a list of things, large or small, you are grateful for. Don't let anyone determine the definition of importance. It's your list!

xoxo
Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment